Monday, July 28, 2008

its the waiting

4 days until I sit down with my boss. This is the definition of mental pacing.

I have all kinds of wonderful reasons why I deserve more money and pray that I recall them all and can speak intelligently during the negotiation process.

I had a dream my boss gave it to me with little hassle. I hope thats a foreshadowing of reality.

Here is the quandry:

The guy is awesome. I like working for him. He is the most laid back wealthy person I have ever met. He wears shorts and hawaiin shirts to work everyday. He tells me that he likes me being there.

so far so good.

Yet.

The guy is super cautious with his money. I don't forsee him just telling me to get lost but I imagine a certain level of presentation so he will understand exactly what I am doing for him dollar for dollar. Which of course is fine for me because I have seriously great numbers. He is making more money with my being there than if I wasn't. Even if he pays me what I feel I deserve he will still be sitting pretty.

So while every fiber of me knows this raise is a very real possibility I have to be my absolute best the day we go over the reasons why. Go to bed early. eat a good breakfast, prepare my figures, organize them, have talking points and not bumble through them like a retard. Be ready for any possible objections and have a good answer for them.

I'm going crazy waiting. I want things to work out so bad that I'm afraid all this extra time to think about it is going to mess me up. I just need to take a deep breath, relax and realize that I am the fucking bomb and deserve every penny. Seriously I'd share the figures but not sure that would be a wise thing over the internet.

Lets all collectively cross our fingers for this (all 3 of you). Its a very big deal to me.

No comments: