Saturday, July 26, 2008

money money money

Its always about money isn't it?

I don't really need much by way of possessions. Other than my musical equipment I don't really have much to speak of or even a very strong desire to acquire more. No plasma television, no enormous DVD collection, no super sexy car. I have friends who are never satisfied and they are rolling in mountains of cash and nice things. Money for me is more about my future (potential wife, kids etc) and right now FUN AND EXPERIENCES. Money gives me the chance to go places and see and do things.

I've been thinking a lot about this because I am going to approach my boss when he gets back from his vacation about making more money. I have been there three months now and I am making him a lot with my marketing efforts so I am very happy with myself. The trial period is over. I am ready to ask for what I am worth. Now I just have to wait a whole week to sit down with him. This has been the biggest thing on my mind lately. I have no clue what outcome it will have. But I have the numbers and logic to back myself up so I am confident it will go well. Soon I will be a typical middle class american. Wait. No way.

I am going to save huge chunks of my income. I am turning 30 with nothing to show for it financially and its a bit embarrassing. I feel the bulk of my 20s was squandered on aimless wandering, the wrong woman and no real focus or goals. That cannot continue.

Yeah!

1 comment:

Se Busca Revolucionario said...

Nice little post.

i was wandering about the blogs and came across yours.