Tuesday, July 1, 2008

more dreams

so i had this dream I traveled back in time to the house in Channelview circa mid 1990s. I did this with someone who came along with me but they were only in the dream for awhile. The majority of the dream was me trying to figure out exactly what year it was.

The house was open but no one was home. It was a pretty summer day so everyone at home could have been on the jet ski or just away for awhile. The park down the road was a lot prettier than it is now (or probably ever was). There was vegetation across the river on the island. The yard was nice and the house was a brighter red than it is now. I was very happy and content to be back in that time period.

I began looking through drawers and things to find clues as to when exactly this period was. I found a bunch of butterfly jewlry in my top dresser drawer and realized that it was loreece's.

The dream is very disjointed. At one point I was talking to my other time traveler friend trying to figure out everything. There were cars in the driveway I had never seen but in the dream I was familiar with them. The computer was ancient. I was going to sit down and play around on it for old times sake but as I was walking around upstairs the younger me walks through the door. I look at myself and say hey man whats up. Before I let my younger self react to a total stranger in his room, I bolt into the stairwell and lock the door behind me. The funny part is I think the lock is actually on that side of door in reality too. I then run downstairs and get into one of the cars. I hear the young me shaking the doorknob and I know hes going to crawl out the window so I'm in the car frantically pulling my keys out trying to get away. I look up and coming around the corner from the backyard is my younger self very concerned. Before I pull out, I wake up.

I actually really liked this dream. I found myself wanting to just spend time in that period. I was thinking how cool it would be to check Google and see it in its infant stages and I thought about the possibilities of telling the younger me to invest in it with all the money he could find. The house was very peaceful. It was a perfect breezy summer day with windows open and that feeling that people had just been there before I got there.

No comments: