Monday, June 2, 2008

an A on the social report card

I went to a really cool restaurant/bar/huge complex last night called the Oasis, overlooking a breathtaking view of lake Travis. I couldn't describe it to you if I wanted. Expansive maybe. I found a pic but it's only about 1/4th of the view.

Anyway went with a bunch of people I don't know. Jessica asked me to go so I did. A birthday party for a coworker and everyone brought their husbands, significant others etc.

It could have been very awkward for me but for some reason I was in one of those extremely calm and in-control moods I seem to find myself in sometimes. It was as if everything slowed down and I had time to process things before I said them.

I believe sometimes a person's state is almost palpable. People respond differently, experiences happen that wouldn't have normally happened had you not been full of that mysterious energy. Its almost as if an ongoing fantastic mood can shape reality as you move through it, manifesting very real outcomes.

I wish I could bottle up certain aspects of my character and open them whenever I wanted. The only way I could explain last night was a complete confidence in where I was in every aspect of my life in that moment in time. Sometimes I am unshakably happy.

Only sometimes though.

No comments: