Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Epic Dream

I had this very long and detailed dream that was going when my alarm went off. I hit snooze and even continued the dream a little while.

The dream even had a back story which is crazy how your brain can come up with this kind of thing. I think maybe it was just very long and the beginning parts are hazy which make it feel like a back story. Anway

So in the past I had gone on some adventure (indiana jones style) and found some sacred artifact. When I took it from wherever I found it, it opened up a portal where a bunch of zombies began roaming the area near the artifact and spreading out into the world. I recall a long battle killing hundreds of zombies. Not silly "Thriller" style zombies but more like "28 days later" style zombies. Fast moving, loud, freaky ass zombies who try to kick your door down.

Well somehow I survived and the dream kinda starts where I am hanging out with this fellow adventurer (with glowing red eyes) and he has a new quest for us. I think twice about joining him and return to my home. Could have been his glowing red eyes.

So I'm home and I know that this guy is off looking for this new artifact. I know that as soon as he finds it zombies are going to start roaming the earth again.

My mom is in this dream and I'm telling her that we need to prepare for this upcoming almost armageddon style attack of zombies. For some reason I understand that the first battle was a prelude to the hell on earth situation that was coming.

We start boarding up our house (a replica of the house in channelview) and I'm running around like crazy trying to buy a 12 guage and some ammunition. I see over the horizon a big black fog creeping into the sky. The portal is open and its only a matter of time before they reach the city.

My grandpa is there. I'm telling him that we need to get ready. No one else in the dream really cares about this upcoming war except me. Mom is pretty lethargic about it too. They are concerned but not hysterical like me. I'm telling them we need to work in shifts. Some people upstairs and some people downstairs. We need to coordinate our sleeping schedules. Its like I was preparing for weeks of fighting.

The dream then turns into one of those dreams where you cant get things done in time. Like when I'm running to class but I cant find the classroom. This time I cant find the Academy store with the weapons I need. I'm forgetting things I need to do. The fog is spreading and the zombies are coming I know it.

Then I wake up and thats pretty much it. I never experience the actual war. The most prominent aspect of the dream was the preparedness issue. I couldn't get ready fast enough. I'm sure it means something. Another thing was even though this was a shit yourself kind of experience, I wasn't really terrified. I was scared but bold and ready for those undead bastards. But trying to turn my house into a fortress was frustrating and nerve wracking.

Pretty cool dream.

No comments: