Friday, June 6, 2008

Sucky Friday

So it rained for the first time in weeks. The roads were slick.

I was coming to a stop off the access road and when I put my breaks on, my car just kept on going and I slid into the back of a pathfinder.

my hood is all jacked up. The passenger inside was 7 months pregnant. She claims her back hurts. The ambulance came. My headlight wont turn on.

Today sucks.

It could be worse. I wasn't going very fast. We could both drive away from the scene. I don't think the lady is hurt badly and they are taking her in to simply make sure. My insurance was up-to-date (thank god) so now it comes down to a matter of money. Money for the court costs, money to get my car fixed. Money I don't really have right now. I'm getting a headache.

-update-

Got the call from Geico. Fast service! They didn't treat me like a criminal either.

I've been thinking the interesting thing about the experience was the two women in the pathfinder. They both didn't speak great English so there wasn't much dialogue but they were very upset. The driver made me call 911 which was no problem. The pregnant passenger was crying in the car the whole time. I understand being pregnant is a concern but the accident was pretty minor.

Yet they both had such a lame-ass victim like attitude as if this was a huge tragedy. I was very calm and would have liked to have reassured them things were fine but frankly they annoyed the hell out of me. The stretcher and neck brace and all that jazz felt completely unnecessary, the pregnant woman was doe eyed and unresponsive and the driver was wringing her hands constantly. Maybe i've been in enough accidents so I am used to the surreal feeling of it, but I found them ridiculous.

Maybe I'm an asshole.

No comments: