Thursday, June 12, 2008

Poor Guy

So I went out last night with some people to catch a show at Emos. I got to see the stage and place we would be playing. Pretty cool. After that I met Natalie for a drink.

We were coming out of the bar around 2:15 and this guy approaches us. Young dude. Flashy. On the phone. Hes asking us directions to another bar. We don't know but we're chatting with him a bit and he suddenly lets us know he has to piss. We tell him, "go in that alley right there."

He hands us the phone to tell some people something and runs off. We were just left standing there with a strangers phone. The person on the other end of the line decides to hang up. I suddenly get the brilliant idea to call a chick in his phone and say something completely ridiculous. So I start scrolling through his list of names. Aimee. Looks good, lets talk sexy to her.

Voicemail. Dammit. I was just about to leave a message when I look up and the poor guy is standing in the alley with a bicycle cop shining a flashlight on him. He got busted pissing. So Natalie and I are standing there wondering what the hell to do because we have this guys phone.

Finally after a few minutes of thinking what we should do, set it on the ground?, go hand it to him? we decide to give it back to him. Natalie politely interrupts the cop to give the guy his phone back. We then proceed to laugh our asses off the whole way back to the car. Not at him of course. Just about the situation. =)

Still I kinda feel bad for the guy. Sometimes you just gotta piss. I have no clue what kind of punishment that warrants.

No comments: