Sunday, June 22, 2008

should be sleeping but....

I got super creative. been up recording one of the strongest songs Ive written in some time. The morning might bring a different point of view but right now I think its pretty damn fantastic.

definitely the highlight of the weekend.

Went out with my internet marketing friend Mike last night. I rode in his $130,000 Aston Martin. The idea of a car being that expensive is something I can't quite grasp. I don't know if I could even pull it out of the garage without worrying about it.

It was a social experiment that completely fascinated me though. Total stranger's responses were beyond surreal. Women in cars beside him would wink at him (even with another guy sitting beside them). The only way I could describe it would be instant "fuck me" eyes. People would basically stop what they were doing and point or yell out "nice car".

One guy pulled up beside us and rolled down his window just to say hi. You could feel the attention this car generated everywhere we went and it was weird. Mike said he's used to it by now but at first he was very self conscious in it. I wouldn't have understood what he meant until last night.

We pulled up to one of the new fancy bars downtown and parked in front of the door where the line started. Talk about feeling eyes on you. Mike slipped the dude some cash and we skipped the lines. I did my best Robin Leach impression as we were walking up the stairs but I don't think he got it.

He did give me some good ideas for marketing my new dot com skills that I think I am going to try out. I think Ill just stick with a VW Passat though. =)

No comments: