Sunday, June 1, 2008

the big Three Oh.


So I've decided that for my 30th birthday I am going to take a train across Europe. I know two people I can stay with in France and Spain so that would save me some money. I am doing my research on Hostels, train passes etc. At this time (and I could be totally wrong) I think I could probably make it on about $4000 and have some left over when I got home. I hope the dollar isn't any weaker than it is now when September rolls around.

Not sure how I will come up with the money yet but I feel like its going to happen for me so I'm not worried. Ive been looking at a map of Europe to get an idea of the best path to take. I know I want to see Prague and any part of Italy because I have somehow missed it every time.

The idea of doing this alone is a little scary and cool at the same time. I know hostels are great places to meet people and I have no doubt the trip is going to be one big adventure. And I have a forum (this blog) to post about the experience. When I went to Barcelona last year I didn't write enough about the trip and now parts of it are a hazy memory so documenting the whole thing is going to be a big priority for me.

No comments: