Monday, September 19, 2011

mojo

i think i got it back. I have been having a string of cool, effortless experiences with women. Its a combination of sacking up and not being a whiny little vaj about my situation, working out (endorphins, libido etc) and just remembering how awesome I can be. ;)

Nothing's changed in regards to the nature of this big scary dating landscape. Its still a numbers game. I got a gals number on the tram to ACL this weekend. PHD in biology. Tall. Beautiful. The speed at which she gave me the number will probably lead to a flake but we had a great conversation on the ride over there. I texted her today saying we should meet up this week and talk nucleic acids. Thats pretty funny. My texting is probably the most solid tool I have going for me right now.

The difference in old me and new me is that I actually want to make a real connection with someone and have it pan out to a great relationship. Its not about getting laid or just doing it for the sake of doing it anymore. But the initial interactions are exactly the same it would seem. Somewhere in the process is going to be the split in mindset and intent.

ACL was great. I only saw a few bands but they were all amazing. Elbow was just exactly as I hoped they would be. They were gracious, entertaining and incredible sounding.

Arcade Fire definitely deserves their stadium size crowds also. They put on a hell of a show.

No comments: