Tuesday, September 13, 2011

wrote a new song. Slow. Sad. But I dig it. I sometimes think about how its hard to be happy and write songs. The emotion is just so much harder to capture in a compelling way.

Now lonliness, loss, regret, thats the good stuff. At most Ill get a bittersweet vibe going and that has that spark of hope. Actually a couple songs on the album I wrote have a positive vibe so that's not entirely true. But sad songs are definitely easier to write.

And I've had a pretty rough couple of months to be honest. I am anxious a lot and frequently in low spirits. I believe its intensified with my work-from-home situation but drinks with friends and occasional songwriting is the shred of sanity that puts me back together again.

I need people whose company I enjoy. I need people who enjoy my company. My birthday is coming up and a few folks have expressed interest in going out that Friday. This makes me happy because birthdays are always a bit sad to me for some reason. I'd like them to be more festive but its usually just another day. And I probably wont even get laid this birthday :)

Jeeze I sound like Eeyore over here.

Onward...

We met as a band to discuss our percentages of the song ownership as far as publishing goes. It was amicable. Some songs I have little share while others I take most. The guys wanted to have it be a weighted percentage but I argued that we live in a world of singles and in all likelihood one or two songs will be picked up and possibly used in some way. So we need to decide who did what for each song in anticipation of that.

Yep its all business at this point. The inspiration is a hazy memory, I dont even remember how we wrote these songs it was so long ago. Im ready to hear the worlds opinion. I can predict the criticism pretty well, its the praise that I am highly curious of.

No comments: