Friday, April 27, 2012

100% Done

Nearly 1.5 years ago we started recording this album.

The problem was money. We would run out, save up and then continue. But the final mixes are now being sent to the mastering guy and we should have our final product in the next few days.

Lots of different emotions surrounding this. Lots of questions. How will this be received? If well, then what?

I know that I am not done playing music. Its the only thing I've ever done that I can say I'm proud of. If anything I can use this as a jumping off point for new projects. Like a resume.

We are going to have a listening party which should be a bittersweet event. The band is done. This is the best and only album we will ever release. I'm proud of most of it. How many people can say they were a part of a full-blown LP?

I have nearly 5 years of memories with this band. I started this blog right as we formed so a lot of our experiences are documented here, which I am grateful for.

Next we figure out track listing, liner notes, printing, copyrights etc. The boring stuff. The boring stuff loaded with drama and potential ego battles. We are not out of the woods just yet.

No comments: