Thursday, April 26, 2012

Big Heavy Train

This is how I describe my life right now. It feels like everything is changing and its like an unstoppable force pushing through everything.

I think the band might never play a show again. D is heading to New York in the summer for an internship so who knows if a CD release is possible. We took so damn long to make it that we are all disconnected and lacking enthusiasm.

I remember our last show. I strangely felt it might be our last so I gave it everything I had. I actually wrote about it in this blog. We played to a handful of folks so it was not a glorious final show. But I put myself into it 100%. Partly because I was broken-hearted and needed the escape. Partly because I knew the band was disintegrating. The only thing I could do is give myself the satisfaction of a present performance.

I have that and its a good feeling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually just wrote him. It's definitely over. I am strangely having feelings that closely resemble a breakup. Not as bad of course but lots of little dangling things to wrap up.

Dammit right as we release an album.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wrote him again. Looks like we will have a listening party at least. Possible stripped down acoustic set. I basically wrote him and said we've been through too much to leave things this open-ended and he agreed. So we may rent out a venue and have a little final thank you to our friends and supporters. I feel better.


No comments: