Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Not exactly sure how I get by sometimes.

I had never seen a single episode of Battlestar Galactica. The series is over and I just started the 1st season.

HOLY CRAP.

Brilliant show. Well acted. Amazing sets and special effects. Totally engrossing, surprising storylines. Sci-Fi meets philosophy meets military meets space opera. Impressive character development. Wow. This is one of the best shows I've ever seen and I'm only 7 episodes in.

The funny thing was I had a very negative preconception going in. I thought I had seen it before. Some show with cheesy aliens and bad special effects and stories about learning tolerance and other trite TV plots.

This show is the opposite. Its like a mini-movie every episode. It subtly draws from Greek mythology and different religions. It's heavy on the psychological and has a lot of unspoken fictional history and culture to it.

I would say this is my inner nerd coming out but I dare anyone to watch this show and not get into it. I'm either cheering or totally freaked out by the end of each episode. Lost, you have been bested.

Of course telling someone my feelings about it is like saying "You have to check out this internet thing. I think its going to be huge"

No comments: