Monday, April 9, 2012

The Wedding

Where do I start...

First off the wedding was great. I've never seen M so happy. She was crying/laughing as her brothers walked her down the aisle. They played very good music. The finger foods were pretty good. It wasnt too long of a ceremony. Pointless and tired Bible scriptures were removed from the ceremony entirely.

The actual ceremony itself was a bit brutal for me personally. The sun was beating down on us so that sucked. The worst part was my eye had something in it. My contact decided to give me a hassle during the ceremony which was hilariously ironic as my left eye streamed tears the whole time.

Seriously I looked like an overly emotional girl as my eye violently tried to eject whatever the hell was in it. As I sat in the heat with unrelated tears streaming down my face I had to sort of laugh to myself and think "only me."

Before the reception I went to the bathroom to take the contact out. It worked. Felt like a million bucks after cleaning it off. I go to wash my hands and the soap dispenser shot out a quick stream that splattered on my shirt and pants. Great. Now I look like i pissed myself. Crying and pissing myself at a wedding.

The bathroom had a high powered hand blow dryer so I stood under that thing for 15 minutes or so trying to make the spots dry. I got it down to a reasonable level and headed out to meet my date.

The reception was where things started to get interesting. My ex-girlfriend K was there with her husband. He was a very nice guy. I imagined him a douchebag but he gave me no sign of that. K on the other hand was already semi-drunk. I began to notice tiny little comments between her and my date. Very subtle ways of interacting that showed they weren't fans of each other.

After the reception we all split up and met up later that night when everyone went out. This is where it got very interesting.

K was drunk and everywhere I was. She was offering to buy us drinks. Hanging out around us. I felt bad for her husband who had to pull her away from us a few times.
People were noticing and making comments. Not good.

When the bars closed we joined their party bus and headed back to the hotel. We are all just hanging out drinking beer in the room. It was going fine. Suddenly everyone sort of disappeares and it was just me and my date. K walks in the room.

At this point I am a bit drunk so somehow my date stepped out of the room for a second. K begins to ask me about her. Not sure exactly what she asked but my date was listening on the other side of the door. She did not like what she heard and stormed into the room letting out the entire day's worth of buildup on her. Things like "WHERE IS YOUR HUSBAND?" and other things.

Next thing I know I am consoling my crying date in the hall. We leave. I didn't get to say goodbye to M or her friends and family. That sucked.

Its safe to say my date does not think highly of my ex-girlfriend and I can't say I blame her. She was drunk and very much like the woman I remembered dating and being unable to reign in. I feel for her husband who has his hands full.

That aspect aside it was a great night. I am happy for M. Her husband was nice too. Everyone was nice. Some a little too nice. ;)

No comments: