Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A football coach taught me high school Biology

Through a combination of a failed public school system, attention deficit disorder and a desperate desire to be cool, I was a terrible high school student.

There are some HUGE gaps in my knowledge. Namely... economics, finance, government, and math (to a lesser extent).

Huge subjects that would probably deeply enrich my life. The only thing I can do now is stop blaming anyone and just get down to learning more. Obviously my recent interest in finance has lead to me to economics and then politics so I see how its all interrelated. (oh and were pretty fucked from what I can tell)

I am embarrassingly limited in my intelligence. I am pretty solid in literature, writing, art/pop culture, and my fascination with human nature leads me to some interesting conversations... but my eyes quickly glaze over when you stray from those categories and I am not proud of it.

No comments: