Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Madeline

My ex girlfriend from ages ago has a dog. A really cute chihuaha named Madeline. Maddy.

Im usually not a fan but this dog was adorable and had a great personality. I was with her when she bought the dog. The dog was a part of our relationship. It was a rocky relationship with break ups and get back togethers. I would go months without seeing either of them and then we'd get back together and the dog would be in my life again. Maddy would always remember me and we would pick up where we left off. Very fond memories of that dog.

Today I got a text from the ex (first contact in months). Maddy has a brain tumor and is expected to live 6 months to 1 year. Obviously she is crushed. That dog must be 12 years old now. Without question a member of her family. I'm sad for her and Maddy. She said that she had always dreaded this day. She knew Maddy wouldn't live forever and would someday be forced to face the reality of it. Its got to be tough. I wish them love and peace through this.

No comments: