Friday, August 26, 2011

mind AND body

I pay a lot of attention to my mental health. I read things that inspire me, I try to associate with positive people and have stimulating conversations and friendships. I overanalyze every thought to make sense of myself. I want to have a hold of it.

Now I want to put that level of focus on my body. I need exercise. I want to get ripped in a skinny guy kind of way. I want better flexibility and cardiovascular health. I already have started eating better. I need to get my body moving.

So I joined a gym. I could do it in my apt but

a I am here already most of the day
b. paying forces me to take it seriously
c. there are pools, machines, weights and all that now available to me

Like everything else I want to make this a discipline that I stick with. My music. My career. My friendships. My woman (eventually). My mind. My body/health. I want all of it to be exceptional. This is another step in that direction.



No comments: