Monday, August 29, 2011

new song no one will ever hear

I had this song I was working on with my new software. I probably spent 3-4 hours on it tonight. I unplugged it from my power supply to plug it into my stereo across the room to hear it. I then took it back to my desk to work on it more.

My laptop battery dies very very quickly and unfortunately I forgot to plug the power supply back in. My computer died.

When I finally got everything back on again and went back to check on the file, I realized I only had the version of the song from hours ago. So ALL the work I just did tonight is gone. The happy accidents. The killer drum parts. The compression, reverb tweaking and testing. Hours just pissed away. The version I have now is a pale comparison to what I had created tonight. I dont even remember what instruments I used, what settings, what notes. It was all just inspiration and its gone.

:(

No comments: