Thursday, August 18, 2011

Woke up this mooooaaanin

Silly title aside, I hate waking up with regrets.

Still its a good feeling to know when you are certain you will never make the same mistakes again. There is really no difference in our character as we age... you still could slip back into the same stupid stuff you did before your newfound clarity. Its not a bank vault separating the two versions of you.

But there is a discipline to know the old you was wrong and your progress as a human being is dependent on you distancing yourself from the idiot you once were. The fact that its just a simple door you choose to walk away from is important.

And in other news... I hate cat excrement. I hate cleaning it. I hate thinking about cleaning it. I prepare for it like I'm going into a nuclear fallout zone. I'm like Howard Hughes over here.

No comments: