Friday, August 19, 2011

5 More Moments of Awesome

A few posts back I talked about 5 moments from my life that were awesome. Here are some more.

1. Getting fired from my awful sales job. At the time it sucked but I am sitting here now as a self employed man because of it. I've spoken at length about the soul sucking nature of the work, the co-workers, the fake-golfing-while-talking-to-you-at-your-desk boss. One of my first posts on this blog (Living in North Austin) was a completely different life for me and I am glad its over. I was miserable and didnt realize how much so until I moved on.

2. My uncle used to do this awesome gymnastics trick with me when I was a kid. I would lay down on the ground and he would grab my feet and flip me backwards. It was just enough of a force to send me into a mini back flip where I would then land on my feet. Hard to explain here but I would make him do it every time he came over. Since then I have found many ways to achieve that little thrill. Jumping over people's heads, chairs and other acrobatics. As I age I cant do what I used to but I still look for ways to recreate it.

3. The day I heard a song that I wrote on the radio. Big moment.

4. A girl named Julie from ages ago and her unmentionable, unusual talent. She is married with kids now and I am 100% certain I am the only guy who has experienced said talent or ever will.

5. Getting trapped in the Sagrada Familia cathedral in Barcelona. It had these confusing towers you climbed to get to the top. Long story short, we weren't really tapped, we just thought we were because one of the two doors was locked at the bottom. I remember a group of us frantically yelling into a security camera to help us get out when we were perfectly free to leave whenever we wanted. I'm sure the security guys were like.... what the hell is wrong with those people?



No comments: